Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 38: Eye Didn't See it Coming

You see what happened was... (it's never good when you start like that) - So I went to this Errol Flynn convention and stabbed myself in the eye... Now that sounds sooooooo much better that what really happened.  Here is the true sorted sad tale:

4:30AM:  BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
4:40AM: *Groans*
4:45AM: Get ready
5:00AM: Head out for the morning run
5:40AM: Finish run, grab shower
6:00AM: Grab deodorant
6:01AM: Wipe eye (not realizing that some deodorant is on hand)
6:02AM: AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURGH!!!!!!!!!!
6:10AM:  AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURGH!!!!!!!!!!

You know how deodorant is supposed to keep moisture away?  Trust me when I tell you that IT DOES!!!  All the moisture was instantly sucked out of my eye, ran water on it for 10 minutes only to find out that I needed actual saline eye wash so I scratched my cornea and am now sporting a lovely eye patch... (Arrrr!).   



Obviously I need more sleep or I would have been paying better attention (seriously... WHO DOES THAT?) and will be running in the evenings rather than at the early wee hours of the morning.  I didn't even get a really cool eye patch like this:


Nope I had a regular old goofy one... (THAT WILL SHOW ME).  Who would have thought that deodorizing could be so dangerous??!?!  As a friend of mine likes to say: "What is wrong with you?"  Now I have a complex... hahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment