Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 1 - The Great Divide, Day 2: Groan!

The Great Divide, The Grand Canyon, Mission Impossible - the distance between who I am and who I want to be...

So let me recap day one:

5:45AMWoke up...
6:00AM No Coffee (Because this girl doesn't drink it black... yuck)
7:30AM Tea and Water for breakfast... (Seriously?)
9:00 AM Green Apple for snack (I almost ate the seeds too!!)
11:45AM Lunch (Finally!!) Romain Lettuce and chicken breast wraps (total of 6 oz... I am telling you.. Bugs bunny eats more than this!)
12:15PM 3 Walks around the building (I swear on that 3rd lap someone stretched the darn building out when I wasn't looking!!)
3:00 PM - Green Apple for snack (Those seeds are starting to look pretty good!)
6:30PM 1/2 tomatoe, 3 oz of Chicken and a light rye crisp cracker
7:00PM Step aerobics for 20 minutes (HELP!)
9:00PM One more cracker
10:00PM Passed out (Not sure yet whether it was from hunger or exhaustion)

This does not count all the excersice I am getting because I have to pee every 45 minutes due to all the mass quanties of water and UNSWEETENED tea I am drinking...

I whined, I fought hunger and it fought back, I made my very sweet husband crazy... but by the grace of God... I MADE IT!!!

Day 2: Groan


I remember someone once telling me that the first day is the hardest...  I would like to announce... that THEY LIED.

5:45AM:  Woke up... (PUSHED THE SNOOZE BUTTON)6:00AM:  Woke up...
6:10AM No Coffee (Becau...

Now I am not going to make you all read my days over and over again because the menu is pretty uninspiring... And I am still hungry and still a whiner (if you whine when your blogging does that count?)  As my friend Lauren likes to say: "Call Whine One One and get this girl a "Whambulance"! (please?)  Food that I don't even normally like looked good today. At one point I was sure that there was a dancing hamburger in front of me (did I mention that I don't normally eat hamburgers)... and I'll have you know... it was getting its groove on too.

I heard someone say recently that it's not until you are at the very bottom sucking carpet (wonder how that tastes... ) that you realize that you can't do life on your own... so I needed to remind myself that I am not doing this alone!!  That I have a great Creator who loves me and it clearly states in Jeremiah 29:11 that I have a hope and a purpose and that I am worth fighting for... So what I can tell you is that even though it felt harder... my determination feels a little more resolved than it did yesterday and if I have to put the theme from "Rocky" on repeat for the next 40 days... I will! 
prevail...

"Adrian.."

No comments:

Post a Comment