Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day 3 - The 180 at 15 MPH

So today started out really great - I woke up, the sun was shinning and the sky was full of fluffy white clouds, rainbows and sunshine... Well, It sounds good doesn't it?

Actually, today did in fact have a great begining... I only saw a few dancing donuts but since they were doing disco it was hardly a temptation at all. There I was breezing along until about 10:45ish, when BAM! I had a major technical snafu at work... With all the stress coming down on me, I instantly found myself craving some seriously sugared coffee (and those donuts were looking good in their bell bottoms too!)... really?  REALLY?

Then I got this memory (Gee I wonder who it was from...) about a friend of mine and how EVERY TIME we are in an elevator together if there is carpet or texture on the walls she has to run her fingers through it, write a message or otherwise mess it up fully knowing that my type A personality will try to fix it but always run out of time before we get to our destination.  I realized in that moment that has always been my mentality towards life too... I want a quick fix, I want to wake up tomorrow and look like Cindy Crawford, not Chrissy Cowford... I even tried to convince God when I was a teenager that if I woke up one morning and was suddenly 5'9" it would be considered a "miracle" and that I only wanted that to happen for His Glory  and had no personal gain or motivation at all... (Ummm Yeah)  But to really change, whether it is spiritual, physical or emotional, takes time, perseverance  and patience (Noooooo... not patience); and that sometimes in life the U-turn can't be in a few seconds but has to take time. 

In Romans 8:25 it says: "But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience".

So like my friend Jen likes to say:  "Wait for it... Wait for it"...

Waiting  :)

p.s. The sugared coffee didn't win and is off tempting someone else  :)

2 comments:

  1. Lmao, hmmm wonder who that elevator carpet bandit is? Word of wisdom: Start doing what's necessary, and then do what's possible, and suddenly you'll be doing the impossible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! Love you! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete