Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day 6: 1...2...3...4...5...6...

Had to work this morning and my awesome work brought in bagels... YIKES  I stayed far far away... :)
P.S. (Big NEWS at the end)

I don't intend for this blog to be simply me whining about the food I couldn't have everyday so let's whine about exercise... Just kidding.

So I have a friend that is committing to working out with me Mon-Fri and I am very excited about that!!  Having a work-out buddy is better than the Rocky (or the Power Rangers) theme!!!  It is nice to not be walking this out alone!!!  I actually am pretty excited.  The biggest challenge will be walking into a gym full of people who look great and have them wonder why I am even there... I have the memory from when I had made the decision to change my life, and signed up for a 24 hour fitness membership and had the lady up front say under her breath that they had another WB (I found out two weeks later that meant WHY BOTHER and never went back).  

You know when someone suffers from anorexia, most people feel compassion but when someone is overweight, most people feel the need to mock or make fun of them, sometimes right to their face, sometimes behind their backs.  Why are we like that?  Why do we set this example for our children as well?  Obese people don't wake up one day and think:  "Gee I want to be fat!"  We don't decide that we like being made fun of, or that we think it's sexy.   We KNOW that we need to lose weight, we are fully aware of it because we avoid the mirror if it is at all possible. 

So let me tell you tell you two things:

If you are one of those blessed and or discipline people who looks amazing, treat others the same way you would like to be treated, with the same dignity and compassion that you would wish for should you find yourself in a similar situation and use it as an opportunity to love and encourage.  

"And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them." Luke 6:31 

If you are like me and walking this out or thinking about walking this out... YOU ARE WORTH FIGHTING for!  Don't be afraid to step into the water, sometimes the cold will shock you into changing your situation.  Know that you are not alone and that you are loved...
"We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;"

I hope you realize this means the enemy cannot beat you!! Just keep going!! How do you get from where you are to where you want to be? One step at a time!!!

2 Corinthians 4:8

BIG NEWS 

Today was my 1st weigh in and...


I am down...

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12 POUNDS!!!

Love you all!! :)

 


  

1 comment:

  1. SOOOO proud of you conviction and reminding us all too love ourselves - we deserve it. After all if God finds me loveable shouldn't I. Happy for you and thank you for giving me a verse I need to be reminded of more often Luke 6:31- if we could only always remeber that life would be better and much happier

    ReplyDelete