Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 4: The Baby Shower and the Beast

Today was a good day - I made a decided effort to redirect my frustration which mean taking a quick walk around the building rather than let old cravings tempt me... (Of course I did it in hells heels, so my tootsies were not thrilled *Mental note - bring a pair of sneakers to work!!)

Soooooo...  I had an event  (the baby shower) to attend tonight and it was the last place I wanted to be. Don't get me wrong... I love my dear friends and would LOVE to celebrate with them; but I knew there would be all sorts of DELICIOUS and AMAZING foods (the beast) that I couldn't eat and that I would have to explain "why" I wasn't (I know... Boo Hoo). Looking for encouragement I googled joy and was amazed at how many scriptures are connected to joy and FOOD!
Psalm 63:5
My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips (This DID NOT HELP)
And then I found: Proverbs 17:22
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

Wow!  What an eye opener for me!!  Making a choice - See I am choosing to change my life and just like I am making that choice - I can CHOOSE to do it with a good attitude! 
So armed with this revelation - off to the shower I went... And forgot my snack to boot. As I suspected, everything looked so good; but I could only have a snack, which ended up being 6 deliciously red cherry tomatoes (BTW, if you were there and didn't get tomatoes with your salad; I'm sorry... Sort of...)

But you know what?  I had a Great time!  Hanging out with Friends and Family was just the refresher I needed! Not to mention how entertaining it was to watch hubby trying to hide from me as he ate pizza, watermelon, cake, pie and who knows what else. He felt bad eating in front of me and didn't want to be a temptation for me so he kept trying to duck behind people which only made him a bit more obvious. :). But you know what?  I love him even more for that single moment.

Lesson Learned   (I hope)





2 comments:

  1. My dear Christyna! I am loving your blog! #teambelden

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commend you for having that self-controlled, it’s hard but you conquered it. Just for thoughts: Someone will always be prettier. They will always be smarter. Their house will be bigger. They will drive a better car. Their children will do better in school. And their husband will fix more things around the house. So let it go, and love you and your circumstances. Think about it. The prettiest woman in the world can have hell in her heart. And the most highly favored. Woman on your job may be unable to have children. And the richest woman you know, she's got the car, the house, the clothes....might be lonely. And the word says if "I have not Love, I am nothing." So, again, love you. Love who you are. Look in the mirror in the morning and smile and say "I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!" "Winners make things happen. Losers let things happen." "To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world".

    ReplyDelete