Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day 5: Still Alive

Day 5 has arrived and I am still alive!!  Although I now consider vitamins a food group...  ;)  I am starting to find myself with more energy but still a little whiny (OK... Maybe not a little)   And then?  They brought in 'Wings and Things" at work today for lunch and it smelled amazing!  I will be very transparent and say that in that moment, life didn't feel very fair....  My family eats what they want, when they want (Although they are trying very hard not to do it around me) and Shaun and Matthew are sooooooooooo skinny!!  What?!?   Who decided that was fair?!?  Get me someone in charge please because I want my money back!  Sound familiar?  Remember how much we hate hearing our children whine?  And then we turn right around and do it to those around us but call it "stress"  "I'm stressed out" is our favorite excuse for bad behavior.  Hmmmmmm

Here's the thing, sometimes we get so busy focusing on the negative or feeling sorry for ourselves that we let the good go unnoticed. I fully confess that this is totally me!! For the last three days I wake up and think: "Here we go again..." So when the alarm went off this morning I was prepared for the same scenario:   But you know something?  It wasn't.  I realized something this morning; I hadn't been woken up with an acid reflux attack in 4 nights!  How did I miss this? This is actually a huge event in my life and I let it slip right by! 

Eph 6: 10 says: "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might."  Which tells me that when I am feeling weakest and I feel like this is to much for me... I just need to lean on His strength!  It is funny how we forget that... How we get so tied up in the midst of our storm that we forget to reach for the very life-jacket that will save our life.   

I will not lie or sugar coat and say that this is a walk in the park - it is more like walking up a steep hill in the snow (both ways) But I will tell you that I fully believe that it is worth it so I will NOT give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment