Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Fatquel

So I am one of "those" people - you know, the yo-yo overweighters who lose 25 pounds and gain back 30.  Cheerful, outgoing and fun to hang out with... but overweight.  The behind the scene's girl by both my own (and sometimes other's) choice. 

So I decided to finally focus, be real about my health and weight and get help... The first thing I get told by a friend is: "You have tried so many times and failed that I hate to see you disapointed so why bother trying"  BAM!  With a simple sentence I was ready to give up, walk away and continue to hide in the shadows... My life had become a picture of Proverbs 18:21 and I don't think people realize the power of the spoken word...  How it can build you up or tear you down in a matter of seconds.  As Francois-Marie Arouet aka Voltaire says: "With great power comes great responsibility" (Contrary to comic book folklore - Stan Lee did not coin this phrase).  Ask yourself, on a personal level what do you do with that responsibilty?  Do you build those around you up or you do rip them down? 

Well I have chosen that, in spite of how I felt in that moment, I am still going to try again... So if I am going to this, then I am going to be transparently real and anyone who chooses may follow along with me.  We will take the first 40 days and see what happens next.  You can come along and laugh with me, learn with me, cry with me and please feel to encourage me (CHEERLEADERS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME). 

Just remember - It's not over until the fat lady sings... Blogs

1 comment:

  1. Sing it my little canary!! The hard part has not yet begun but when it does remember these 2 verses:
    2 Chronicles 15:7 "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."
    2 Timothy 1:7 “for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.”
    As long as your heart and passion is in the right place, you can achieve anything you want. Don’t let one person mess it up for you, do this for yourself because you don’t have to prove this too anyone.

    ReplyDelete