Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 10: Smore’s, Cupcakes, Cowboy Coffee, Fireworks and VICTORY!

Independence day!!!  Celebrate Freedom Day!!  Go America!!! 
10 DAY MILE MARKER DAY!!!!!! Go ME!!! 



I am learning that I don't just need to surround myself with amazing people (which helps soooo much!!), but that I also need to be my OWN cheerleader as well.  So while I am sharing challenges, today we are celebrating VICTORIES!!!  :)

Today was an AMAZING Day!!  I rocked it - I made Cowboy Coffee for friends and family and wasn't tempted at all (It's pretty amazing trust me) and made smore's and wasn't temped at all!!!! (ok, maybe just a teensie bit).  All and all it was a fantastic day!  :)

So I will share a favorite cheerleader story:  You know sometimes people cook/bake and bring it with and it looks amazing and then they offer it to you... you say it looks amazing but you are really working hard at making healthy choices.  They get offended and say:  "Just take a little" or "You can behave tomorrow" and you feel so guilty that you end up eating it and then feel like a failure?  (BTW, if this is you... STOP DOING this and please be considerate of other people who are trying so hard!!)  So this is my story:

My friend Alicia brought these amazing 'firework' cupcakes and they looked soooo good.  Everyone is grabbing one and she offers one to me (I hadn't told her yet about what I am doing):

Me:  "Thanks so much but I am making life choice changes for my health and am going to have to say no."

Alicia:  "You go girl!!!!"  High fives me and give me her amazing smile... In that moment, she had such a deep impact on my day and I don't even know if she realizes it.  She was a good portion of why my day went so great.  That single moment gave me the freedom to say no. 

John 8:36 puts it so simply "So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed" I am not just talking about the freedom of salvation but the freedom to live your life to the fullest!!  Freedom to MAKE CHOICES...  Freedom to be FREE





2 comments: