Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 23: Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater

My dear readers

I am ashamed to tell you I cheated today!!  You see what happened was...  (Ever notice how all excuses seem to start this way?)  Anywho - Today was the19th anniversary of being married to the most wonderful man on the planet.  And my husband and I had already decided that we would celebrate at the end of my 40 day journey, you know nice dinner, etc... So we got home and my darling children had surprised us and created this lovely little restaurant right in our bedroom.  Cafe De Belden   It was both adorable and romantic. 


My daughter is pretty amazing and she made Dad Pesto Pasta w/Roast Beef tips, These gorgeous soft Dinner Rolls, Veggies and Brownies with whipped cream and chocolate sauce drizzle.  She also made me my 3 oz of steak, cherry tomatoes and my rye crisp cracker - Obviously you can see my point.  He gets all that and I get this?!??!  Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!  So if you know me... Of all those things would you think was my weakness?? 

A. The Pasta
B. The Bread
C. The Dessert
D. All of the Above

No peeking... guess first
Seriously... NO PEEKING

(Insert Theme to Jeopardy here)

Ok... ok... Guess already!!!



Well my readers, if you selected B you know me very well indeed!!!  I am French, so warm fresh bread?  Look out world!!
The Undeniable Evidence: 

Yes you caught me - I had 1/2 of a homemade dinner roll.... Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
I would like to deny it and even perhaps hide it but this is about being real... right?  SO if I am being real I have to say... It was amazing!!!  But I am also proud to say:

1. It was only 1/2 and even though I wanted to... I went no further
2. I am still committed and dedicated to continue this journey

I am telling you this because sometimes we make mistakes and sometimes we fall... The important thing is that we get back up, dust ourselves off and keep moving forward. 



2 comments:

  1. you are too darn cute!!! you are doing such an amazing job!! Inpirational!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure have the will power, if that was me, I’ll eat everything in sight, yes even that lovely sunflower! That’s me being real! haha! I'm very proud of you, it takes a lot of guts and every ounce to say no especially to something that you love so much. I know your outcome will be worth it all. Keep on going and fight for it, eventually your old self will give in to your new self. :)

    ReplyDelete