Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 32: That Lovely Brass Ring



Some days you feel like your goals are completely attainable - while other days you just feel like you are constantly reaching to no avail.  Today was one of those days for me... I just felt like with my wonderful  kids, my terrific job and even my amazing husband - All I was doing was reaching.  And then you start to wonder, just what are you reaching for?  What is that elusive prize that keeps me going?  And that right there is the key... To keep reminding myself of the prize.  And in this case - the prize is me...

So how often do we decide that we are worth it?  That the personal sacrifice is worth the personal success and gain.  To many times we run from the hard stuff, because it's easier than dealing with it.  It is easier to put it off then to jump in.  Its like this - when you are getting into cold water people do it one of two ways.  They either jump in all at once or take it one step at a time.  Either way, the longer you stand there doing nothing... nothing changes.  That's the harsh reality, but I am not here to sugar coat it, because that would make it easier for you and I to continue to do nothing. 

I want to feel pretty again, I want to feel like me again and that isn't going to happen as long as I keep avoiding mirrors and avoiding me.  Life is not something that you can run from because eventually it will catch up with you whether you want it to or not. This is true about so much more than weight and health - it's true about every single aspect of your life, every moment, every decision.  It's just a decision that YOU (and me) have to make and then be faithful to yourself.  Find your dream, find your moment and use it everyday... For this girl it's to windsurf again - to make my life whole again - To take wind and wave in my hair and be free. 



No comments:

Post a Comment