Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 29: - Wrapped in the Positive

Have you ever wondered how just the simplest thing can make the biggest difference? I am constantly reminded how important it is to wrap yourself in positive things. And how that is what can help you stay the course.

I woke up today with the kiddo having a high fever and pretty miserable, which then of course leads to Dr and hospital visits, worry about her, and taking care of her at home... And amidst all this trying to stay on track. For the first time in a while, I really didn't want to stay on course. I really really wanted to throw caution and discipline to the wind.

But then I remembered that my words have the power.  Power to make me fall or the power to be my defining moment. My words, my attitude, my choice. To decide that rather than live life by how I feel, I will live life by how I choose.  So today I made a very conscious (and if I am being honest, difficult) choice to keep going, to keep pushing, to keep believing.

I honestly can't express just how both difficult and defining this journey is being for me.  For some of you who know me, you really know how too quickly I would give up on myself, too often I would procrastinate on making a change, how easy it was for me to invent excuses or how too many times I would trade in the towel for the quick satisfaction of a cheeseburger. Please understand that I am 43 years old and am breaking habits and patterns from years ago, so this is not trite advice but my reality.  So my readers this is why you are taking this journey with me... To keep me on task, to encourage others, to set me free.

So I am wrapping myself in words that lift me up, hold me high and help me find me again.

Monday Challenge: What is the one word that makes you feel good about yourself?



1 comment:

  1. Christyna you deserve to be happy! Don’t ever let anybody tell you otherwise. You deserve to be happy and you deserve to have success. Keep that mindset and never give up until you reach your destination!

    One word: Perseverance
    Romans 5:2-5 Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

    ReplyDelete