Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 26: I can do this

I have an announcement to make...

For the first time since I started this I woke up thinking: "I can do this" - To be honest that is usually the 4th or 5th, 22nd thought I have... So I am pretty excited about this. 


This is a big deal for a few reasons.

1. I am realizing that I really CAN DO THIS!
2. I'm realizing that tweaking my outlook makes a huge difference on how I handle what life throws at me. 
3. The power of Positive Thinking is a real tangible thing.

Now I have never really considered myself a negative person... just a "realist" which means I hope for the best but prepare for the worst...that's not bad... right?  Except that is what led me to my Anticipating Failure attitude.  "I hope I will lose weight but I will buy a size larger just in case"  Bam! Sweet little set-up for failure right there.  I know for me, I didn't even realize I was doing this until I began this journey. 

Life is like an overseas flight - When the plan leaves one country it sets a flight plan from Point A to Point B...simple enough right?  WRONG!  Did you know that a flight NEVER follows that exact flight path and is CONSTANTLY making adjustments along the way.  It has to adjust for air temperature, wind speed, storm warnings, other air craft... etc... If the plan followed the exact plan without those adjustments, they could end up in the wrong destination, they could get caught in a major storm, they could hit another plan.  See what I mean?  How can we start here and expect to make it over there without making those adjustments when life throws us curve balls?  We can't... we have to ADJUST accordingly and keep going. 

It really is that simple... But how can something simple be soooo HARD???  Because we haven't adjusted out thinking.  ;)  So remember:



1 comment:

  1. Christyna - I know you can do anything if you put your mind to it... and you will succeed when you put your heart into it. We are all here to cheer you on...go go power ranger!

    ReplyDelete