Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 20: Monsters & Skeletons and Crap... OH MY!

(Update Below)

There comes a time in our lives when we have to make decisions and stick with them.... to let the past be exactly what it is (YOUR PAST) and let your future be something bright, fresh and new.  We think we are doing just that when a snafu comes along and hits a square in the face.... *SMACK* What?  Where did that come from??  This is not how I planned it!!!  This is NOT the way it is supposed to be!!!!  And your stunned like someone thew a jellyfish upside your head. 

Yesterday was an "I want chocolate, junk food and ice cream!!  Give it to me NOW!!" sort of day.  I really really really (did I mention really?) wanted to give up, throw in the towel, have myself a pity party and hide under the bed.  I know that I am not the only one that sometimes feels this way. Feeling this way is one thing... Choosing NOT to act on those feelings is harder than you think but more worth it than you know!!

Why do we get this way? Sometimes it is bad news, sometimes it's because something didn't go right with your kids, sometimes it's your health and sometimes?  It's your own hard-nosed stubbornness.  So what do you do?  I know!!!  You run as fast as you can and hide under the bed!!!  Wait!  Isn't that where the MONSTERS hide??  Well that isn't very safe!  So you run and hide in your closet... Oh Snap!!!  That's where the SKELETONS are!!!!  I know!!  Lock yourself in the bathroom!!  Crap!!  That's where the... well the... CRAP is.  THIS IS NOT working!!! 

For years I hated my middle name... there was nothing anyone could do to convince me it was anything special and it sounded so country that it made me crazy!!  LOUANN -  My brother's further escalated it to calling me "Christy Lou"  Which made me CRAZY!!  Then I learned what my name meant in Hebrew:'Graceful Battle Maiden'  How freaking cool is that?!?!?!  I am a graceful battle maiden!  (Picture 'Brave'... yep, that's me!!)

So maybe... just maybe it's time for me to stand and face them... EVERYTHING that is coming at me.  Stop hiding from it, stop running from it and STAND!!!  Pick up my sword and fight!!!

"Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”
                                                                                                                                   Deuteronomy 31: 6

So Stand!  Endure!!  Press on!!  Be Brave!!  And never give up!!
 
Update:  Drum Roll Please!!

0
0
0
0  Yes you are seeing that correct.  I lost No Weight this week... 

Gasp!  Groan!!  What???  Yes dear readers now you understand why today was a really trying day.  I felt like: "What am I doing this for?"  But do not despair!!!  In spite of losing no actual weight, my doctor was very excited because I lost 2" and converted 5 lbs of fat to "lean" (love that word) muscle.  I am going to be very transparent and say that I almost counted that conversion as actual weight loss... I mean how do you do this and "not" lose???  But I want to be real... I want to be me, I want to be free!!!

Love ya all!!!

1 comment:

  1. It’s okay if you didn’t lose any weight this week, regardless I am very proud of you, you have come a long way from the day you started to now and it will only get better. God doesn’t set us up for failure, he has plans for all of us regarding if were fat, skinny, white, brown or whatever, his real purpose is to teach us to be obedience and love one another, especially ourselves…..

    ReplyDelete