Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 24: Peek-a-boo I see you

My Dear Readers... I had the most amazing thing happen to me today!!!!  Someone in the office that I rarely see stopped me in the hall and asked:  "Have you been losing weight?"

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!  Can I get some fanfare please?!?!


Let me tell you that this single moment made the last 24 days worth while! I doubt she has any idea what an impact that had on me... Believe me when I tell you that I floated back to my desk.  It's funny how sometimes we forget to really appreciate those little moments.  I am loving them right now!!  It's like I am playing peek-a-boo with the real me and I am starting to actually catch glimpses of her!! 

Do we ever really think about the impact of our words?  You can literally make or break someones day in a single moment.  I know that I talk about the negative power of words... so let's start really focusing on the positive power.  Words have been around for years... there is nothing really special about them, they are little drops of black ink on paper or little phrases we throw out to each other, until you arrange them in the right order.  Take those same little drops of ink and watch Jane Austin arrange into a vivid world of color and love... so see the expression on your child's face when you express how proud of them you are. 

So I guess they are not just words after all.  They are Passionate, They are Powerful, They are YOUR WORDS... How will you express them today? 

 “But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”
Matt 12:36-37

Zumba is tomorrow and let's hope that I still have those dancing legs (it's like riding a bike... right?)  I am nervous for a few reasons:

1. Will I still have some semblance of rhythm?
2. Will I make it through the whole class?
3. Is is safe for this much Jello to Jiggle???

I will let you know how it goes...  but for right now... Right now I am dreaming big of being little  :)

1 comment:

  1. It also goes to show that if you are in a good mood, others will follow as well. Keep being positive and let it be an epidemic to others.

    ReplyDelete