Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 16: The Skinny Stall!!!

I didn't realize how much -20 lbs can make a difference!!!  Maybe it's 30% weight loss, 30% Confidence and 20% Spirit of Adventure...   I am learning to not only claim but enjoy the small victories in life. 
Now my dear readers there are some of you who will understand this and some of you that will scratch your head and say: "Huh"?  First off let me start by saying that  that I am learning that some of those victories may be more transparent (and just a tad bit embarrassing) than others. Sooooo here goes:

The most recent thing I discovered is that I can comfortably use the small stalls in the ladies restroom.  Now this is a big deal for two reasons.

1. I don't know why... (perhaps one of you can enlighten me) but you skinny girls always "# 2" (sorry about that) in the big bathroom... so if you really have to use the restroom and are not comfortable in the smaller stalls you end up doing a very entertaining pee pee dance.
2. There is usually only 1 to 2 bigger stalls so if there is a line, forget it (unless you want to make it "obvious"..)

Yes I am doing the Snoopy dance right now!!  (Feel Free to Join me!!)    :)


Like I said,  some of you may not understand this... but trust me when I say this is a BIG DEAL!  (How's that for keeping it real?)  To best describe this feeling I give you this:

The water was as clear as anything and I thought if I could get in there and bathe it would ease the pain... but the lion told me I must undress first. I was going to say that I couldn't because I hadn't any clothes on when suddenly I thought that dragons are snaky sort of things and snakes shed their skin...

So I started scratching myself and my scales began to come off all over the place... 
But just as I was going to put my feet into the water I looked down and saw that they were all hard and rough and wrinkled and scaly still. Oh, that's all right said I, it only means I have another smaller suit underneath. So I scratched and tore again and this under skin peeled off beautifully. I left it lying beside the other one and headed down to the water...

Well exactly the same thing happened again. So I scratched away for a third time and got off a third skin, just like the two others, and stepped out of it. But as soon as I looked at myself in the water I knew it had been no good.

Then the lion said - but I don't know if it spoke - 'You will just have to let me undress you'. I was afraid of it's claws but I can tell you I was pretty desperate. The very first tear he made was so deep that I thought it had gone right into my heart. And when he began pulling the skin off it hurt worse than anything I've ever felt. The only thing that made me able to bear it was just the please of feel the stuff peel away.... And then suddenly, there I was, just me...

Excerpt from:  'The Voyage of the Dawn Treader' C.S.Lewis

This is me... and how I feel!!  At times I certainly feel like I am being "pulled" at in all directions but it's not a bad feeling, it's the feeling of change and FREEDOM.  The old layers of myself are being shed and there is a brand new me inside.  I can't wait to see her when she finally arrives!!  And I am learning that the more the inside begins to change, the more the outside wants to follow. 

 "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me."

Psalm 51:10

Change is always on the horizon!!!  Be ready and willing to let it take you where God wants you next!!


1 comment: