Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 22: Promises and Posibilities

There is this song that I remember from when I was a kid... it goes:

"I am a promise
I am a possiblity
I am a great big bundle of
Potentiality"

I woke up this morning with this in my head... wow!  Do you remember being a kid and thinking just about anything was possible... Recently, my 18 year old told me he has all these dreams and begin to lay them our for me. Intially I want to tell him to slow down because there is NO WAY he can do them all but really, how do I know that?  I am not him and I don't ever want to be that parent that crushes the hopes and dreams budding inside him.  Soooo this begs the question... If I am so great at encouraging him... why not myself, why not my friends? 

So here I am at day 22:  Update - I still see dancing food on ocasion but they are more like a mirage vs a personal lap dance.  I still get frustrated, I still want chocolate (but not as much as I thought I would) and I still have days when I just want to give it up, go back to the old ways and not fight but they are fewer than when I started.  I still believe in what I am doing, I still want a new me and I still keep pushing forward and those days are more frequent... so I am starting to see (as every so slight as it may be...) a shift in my thinking.  And that my friends is progress..



Currently I am doing the ever so EVIL beach body workout, steps, Dance your way to health and the BL workout (Hey I need variety!!); Thursday I start ZUMBA (even the name terrifies me) - I will let you know how that goes.  But I know this; that we (YOU AND ME) are worth it!!  :)   We are full of potential, promise and possibility!!!  Grab for it and don't give up!! 

I can't promise miracles, quick fixes or an easy way out... but I will promise you a pretty darn good cheerlaeader/encourager if you decide you need one... Put it this way:

I am no prince
I am no saint
I am not anyone's wildest dreams
but I will stand behind
and be someone to fall back on
'Someone to Fall Back On' Aly Michalka

What are you waiting for???
Tuesday's Challenge:  Encourage someone today! 





No comments:

Post a Comment