Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day 12: Snakes and True Friends

So yesterday my workout buddy and I took it outdoors to hit the hiking trails (sort of). It was hot so we were guaranteed to work up a good sweat. We walked ALL the way over to the trail to be stopped dead (ulp!) in our tracks. Before was this huge sign that said (yep you guessed it) Beware of SNAKES! Yikes!


My workout bud was more willing to brave snakes then I was.. And her logic was flawless:

Me: "No way I am outrunning snakes".

Her: "I don't have to outrun the snake, I just have to outrun you... But don't worry I'll bring back help".

Needless to say, our workout stuck to street path which was partly uphill so it still kicked my butt... :)

You see, It's her sense of humor and constant encouragement that keeps me going. She is a huge blessing in my life and I hope she knows this. Friendships should be mutually give and take... Not one person doing all the giving and the other all the taking. I am learning that in all areas of my life there needs to be balance. And a huge part of a healthy body is a healthy mind and spirit. So I have begun weeding exhausting and negative relationships from my life. As a friend put it: "It won't be fun and it won't be easy but at the end... It will be worth it"!

Proverbs 15: 17 says: "Better is a dinner of herbs where love is than a fattened ox and hatred with it."

So I am selecting my dinner with herbs (a few close true friends) rather than with fat (a ton of unhealthy relationships) that are destructive.

I wholly encourage that you spend time in prayer to examine your life. Do you need to weed people out of your life? Or do you need to change before someone weeds you out of their lives.
Be willing to be honest with yourself because that is where true change takes place!!

Be blessed!!


2 comments:

  1. this is my favorit blog!! lol....you will always have a buddy to dial 911! I don't do cpr..lol..."Friends are God’s way of taking care of us."

    ReplyDelete