Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 9: Feed me Seymour... FEED ME!


So woke up this morning with Gracie being sick (it's near a holiday so of course she was)... trying to coordinate getting her into the Dr, still remembering to take care of me and make it into work at a decent hour was quite the challenge!!!  But I managed to get it all done and into work by 11AM

Sigh, it's days like this that I really just want to stop at the drive though and just "grab something"... and my mind immediately begins to rationalize "taking the easy way out".  It's funny how you think you're going along doing just fine that and then out of nowhere the old you rears it's ugly head demanding attention.  Let's just say it was definitely a 'Little Shop of Horrors' "Feed me Seymour... FEED ME!" moment.  And you know something?  I really really wanted to give in, but needed to make a choice; that is the old me, the old pattern, the old excuses. Here's one for you: "If you had any idea how busy my life is, you would understand why I can't take the time to eat/cook healthy" or "I forget breakfast... it's not my fault" or my favorite: "I've tried everything and nothing works for me". 

Navigating between the tempting 'Land of Excues' and the tedious 'Land of Responsibility' is truly a delicate balancing act of patience, conscious choice making and lots of leaning on His strength.  Now I know I talk quite a bit about choices - partly because I need that constant reinforcement and partly because I can't stress enough how important they are!!  How simple it would've been for me to take the "easy road" and "start again tomorrow"... but for me?  Tomorrow never seemed to quite make it to my doorstep and I continued down the path of unhealthy.  YIKES!!! 

In Job 34:4 I discovered that it says: "Let us choose what is right; let us know among ourselves what is good"  Oh how much this carries across in all parts of our life and how it can affect our physical/spiritual/emotional/mental good being as well.   I am not saying that the way I am doing this will work for everyone (now, none of you use this as an excuse...); what I am saying is to FIND what WORKS for YOU and stick with it!!  :)

Choose Today!!  You're life is waiting!!


1 comment:

  1. This is great stuff Christyna! I know there is a great testimony that is going to help many people on the other side of this! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete